These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Errors in Uploading

We were trying to upload a file of significant size (though less than 2GB).

I keep getting the error:
'Index was outside the bounds of the array.' 

...then nothing happens!  Any ideas?

I have tried Zipped and unzipped, single file.
Darren 8/3/2007 7:07 AM
I really do need help -- the only objection I have with this software is teh constant problem we have with support.  1.  There is no support ticket system or email link, even, to contact support.
2.  Though I KNOW the support email address (support@gleamtech.com) I generally do not get any response to my emails!

Is this supported software, or not?
Darren 8/4/2007 5:51 AM
Hi Darren,
Yes, the software is supported and your messages are always replied via email or forum, though sometimes there may be delay in responses.

I guess you are uploading a file larger than 1 GB and smaller than 2 GB thus you are overriding the setting in web.config file

Please open web.config file in filevista folder and see this line:
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="7200" />

See if maxRequestLength value is set to 1048576 (1GB), if so you can increase it to 2097152 (2GB). This should allow you to upload files upto 2GB of size without problems.

If this is not the case, please make sure that web.config file is present in filevista folder and it's actually being called, i.e not inheriting the parent application's settings.

Also, if you could give the detailed error message, it would be better.
You can enable the detailed error message by changing this line in web.config:
<customErrors mode="Off" />

Let me know

Cem Alacayir 8/4/2007 9:56 AM