These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Log files

Can we have log files of total number of bytes of uploads/downloads and file names to keep track of who/when what is uploaded/ downloaded?
Iconm 5/21/2004 8:00 AM
One way to do that would be to use the ASP textstream object to write to a text file each time a user uploads a file by writing out the variables such as Username, IP Address, Filename, Size, Description, ect. Or you could create a database connection to say.. Logs.mdb and insert into table the values you wish. You can then create a Admin-Access page to view the logs from the database, or text files via the internet. This will be super easy, if you need help let me know.
Travis Howle 6/10/2004 5:19 PM
i have the server edition and i want to add a ASP textstream object  for keep logs about wich user was connected when and what files has he opened,downloaded and when .. the information tab 
is limited only on showing the last login,modification and acces from a file .. 
i have never tried to use ASP textstream object  how can i create one ? where can i find a tutorial about how to create one? and how will i connect it to the webserver application variables such as Username, IP Address, Filename, Size, Description, ect. ? can you post an example and info how this could work? maybe someone could create a mod for activity statistics?
Thanks
thanos 9/23/2005 4:23 PM