These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Large download

I am trying to use your application for large file download and administration on Windows 2000 with IIS 5.0. Over 150 Mb (or so) the download is not working. 

I went thru all threads in your forum and I still dont find the answer.

Is there any "impossible to solve" capability in Web Explorer? or this is just a question of settings or parameters?

Thanks
Andy 6/1/2004 11:45 AM
Open up the file "metabase.xml" with notepad. This file should be located in "C:\windows\sytem32\inetserv".

Find the variable named "AspBufferingLimit" and change it to something greater than what is there. By default this is set to around 4 MB. Changing this variable increases the maximum size of the ASP response buffer, letting you download files greater than 4 MB. This should help you in your problem. Let me know if it doesn't.
Travis Howle 6/10/2004 5:10 PM
Travis, thanks for your answer but that's only available for IIS 6.

Andy, I have sent you an update via email which I think, will improve downloading large files. Please test it and send me feedback.
Cem Alacayir 6/13/2004 8:48 PM
Travis, did Cem's update work? Is it possible for the rest of us to know. I seem to be able to update files up to about 30MB but I would like to add some as high as 150MB. I am using a host company so I can not make any changes to the server. Is there any changes that I could make to the scripts or to the computer that I am currently accessing webexplorer?
montegogt 7/20/2004 10:21 AM
Hi,
The update was for only improving download performance. So please see my reply to your first question for some settings to improve upload performance.
Cem Alacayir 8/2/2004 8:36 AM
I have the same problem of downloading with Windows 2000 with IIS 5.0. I dont find the file C:\windows\sytem32\inetserv what do i do?
sunitha 12/15/2004 12:25 AM
I dont seem to be able to upload anything larger than 1.5 mb and I have several files between 6 - 10 mb each that I need to upload through the system.

Is there an update that will let me upload files of this size?

Joseph
http://www.CharitiesOnline.co.uk
CharitiesOnline 4/27/2005 10:42 AM