These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

file size

Is it possible to change the upload size?  I have a client uploading to a custom path (outside the wexserver folder) and it works fine until they try a large file.  I thought I had the quota set to unlimited, but it ends up erroring out.  This is the error:

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'

Operation not Allowed

?, line 0 
courtney 2/23/2005 2:14 PM
okay, sorry, i saw a few other emails about this before and contacted my host about it.  i was told that no IIS settings could be changed, but that I could put 

response.buffer = true 

on the upload/download pages.  i have tried it on the upload.asp page, but it still doesn't work.  is this the correct way to fix this issue using this method?

http://help.maximumasp.com/SmarterTicket/Customer/KBArticle.aspx?articleid=677

thanks, c
Courtney 2/24/2005 9:35 AM
does this require me to change the default plugin (i've seen this referenced elsewhere)?  if so, how do i do that?
Courtney 2/24/2005 3:57 PM
Hi,
Response.buffer solution will not work for the default plugin as it is not a component but ASP code.

Yes, if possible change the plugin to ASPUpload or SA-FileUp. Check your host if one of these components is available. It will fix the problem and increase your upload performance.

Open the administration panel in WebExplorer Server and go to the settings tab, you can change the upload plugin there.
Cem Alacayir 2/24/2005 5:58 PM
Okay, great, thanks so much for the reply.  I have all 3 other options available to me with my host.  I see in the description that it says Response.Buffer = false.

I already tried putting the Response.Buffer = true in your aspSmartUpload.asp (I'm trying that plugin first), but I'm still getting the same result.  Where should I change it to have buffering on?

Thanks, Courtney
Courtney 2/24/2005 6:28 PM
I would recommend you to choose either ASPUpload or SA-FileUp instead of aspSmartUpload because they are far better than aspSmartUpload.

Actually you shouldn't need to put Response.Buffer = true anywhere because it's already set in the application by default.

Try the other plugins without modifying anything and let me know.
Cem Alacayir 2/24/2005 6:53 PM
Hmm, I still get this error:

Buffering Off 

?, line 0 

Buffering must be on. 

In the description area for all three other plugins, it says "Response.Buffer = False".  So does that mean it is off still and I need to set it to true elsewhere?

Thanks again.
Courtney 2/24/2005 7:02 PM
I have the same issue as courtney,.... can this be fixed without spending more money on third party products?
Don Sarnovsky 2/28/2005 12:03 PM
yes, please let me know if there is a fix for this.  it's still an issue for me.
Courtney 2/28/2005 12:32 PM
Courtney,
I have sent a modified file via email, please replace the file (inc_public.asp) with this one.

Please try without modifying anything, i.e don't put Response.Buffer = False anywhere.

Let me know if it works.
Cem Alacayir 3/3/2005 8:44 AM
Don,
Is your server on a Windows 2003 (IIS 6) too? Please search the forums for "metabase", you will see some solutions that are available if you have some control on your server unlike Courtney.

And courtney,
Please choose SA FileUP or AspUpload as the plugin and make sure the plugin files are not modified (no response.buffer line) before testing the application with the updated file I sent.
Cem Alacayir 3/3/2005 9:03 AM
What plugin are you all using?
Jennifer 7/27/2005 5:19 PM
I just used the aspSmartUpload plugin and it worked like a charm!  very easy to do with very accurate and succinct directions.  Installed in a few minutes and just downloaded a .5gb file successfully.
Keith Johnson 7/27/2005 5:58 PM
Win 2003 Server -- there is a default limit in the metabase of 200k. This value needs to be changed to allow larger uploads.

Open your metabase.XML which is located in c:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv find the line "AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed" and change it to "1073741824". This is 1GB - of course you can enter another value to suite your needs.

NOTE: Before you edit the file, be sure to stop the IIS service first or else you won't be able to save the file.
Rick Stephens 9/24/2005 11:53 AM
We have recently moved to a new server and we are experiencing the upload issue.  The Admins say they cannot change the metabase.xml limits so what alternatives do I have.  I read their was an updated file I could try.  Please send.
Karl Clayton 10/5/2005 1:30 PM