These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Download Problem

Quick Question:

When a user selects a file that is approx 9mb or smaller, the download works fine. Anything over 9mb the script either times out or directs to a blank page with the url in the address bar.

* The "9mb" is a guess, has been tested working at 8.77mb and not working at 9.4mb. This issue arrises reguardless of file type, platform or OS.

Any insight? The server is running IIS/5.1 (XP Pro)

Thanks In Advance.
Zero 9/26/2005 11:31 PM
Follow up:

Seems the 'issue' is at 10mb, not 9mb as previously thought. 10.x MB come in fine, 11mb's down.

The reason why Im posting the question here and not with IIS groups is because if a user does a direct link to the file, they can download it fine, but not using WEX.

Any thoughts or insight?
Zero 9/27/2005 9:36 AM
Hi,

Do you mean download or upload?
In terms of download - if you just click on the file name in the listing, I think it is like downloading a file off any web page - I just tested a 35mb file in the wexlite window - no problems.
In terms of upload...
Have you increased the script timeout value in config.asp on line 34?  Also check the script timeout value on the host server - my host had limited it to 15 minutes - not sure if this works but..  
Sorry if I missed the point!!

Chris
Chris 10/14/2005 2:39 AM
I just migrated from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Web Server and now I can't download any file larger than 4096.  4096 is the default buffer size in Front Page Extensions 2003.  I increased this buffer to 16Mb without any success.  It still chokes on the download on any file larger than 4096bytes.
Gregg 1/20/2006 2:53 PM
Just found the solution on another Thread on this site:

If any of you are having issues with uploads and downloads with Web Explorer Free and are running IIS 6.0, try these solutions first: open up the file "metabase.xml" with notepad...should be located in C:\windows\sytem32\inetserv. Find the variable named "AspBufferingLimit" and change it to something greater than what is there. By default this is set to around 4 megs. By changing this variable you are increasing the max size of ASP response buffer, thus letting you download files greater than 4 megs using WexFree. For uploading files greater than this ammount, look for the variable named "AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed" and change it to the desired size. And there you have it. By increasing the number of these variables, you can controll the size of uploads and downloads (respectively) while using Web Explorer Free. 
Gregg 1/20/2006 4:41 PM
Hi,

My pages are in a host server and I can´t change the metabase.xml.

How can I do this?

Thanxs
Minoru 3/16/2007 1:06 PM