These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

downloader fail

I have increased the metabase.xml to allow for up to 5MB. I have IIS v6 allowing real time metabase edits.  I have verified the permissions on directory.  Any idea why large files are still downloading with contents showing as "downloader fail" whereas smaller files approx 186kb and in the same directory are able to?
Thank you
sborn 12/19/2005 2:58 PM
aspbufferlimit and aspmaxrequest have been changed to allow for 100mb --- i am still having this issue. --- iis has been config. for live edit of metabase.xml --- PLEASE ADVISE.....this needs to be resolved.
sborn 1/4/2006 2:06 PM
Hi,
It's a known microsoft issue in Server 2003, that limits the download size to 20MB (or less) no matter what you set the buffering limit to.
The good news is there is a hot fix that resolves the issue: 

FIX: The Response.BinaryWrite method fails when you use it to send files that are larger than 20 MB

If you can't apply this hotfix then I will make a workaround in the download code for you.

Just let me know.
Cem Alacayir 1/9/2006 9:07 AM
Hi,
I have the some problem, I have windows server 2003 release 2. When I try to install the hotfix I receive an error because the release 2 contains the hotfix.
What I can make? 
Filippo 4/19/2006 11:37 AM
I have modified in metabase.xml this variables (stop iis, modified, start iis..)

"AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed="1000000000""
and
"AspBufferingLimit="1000000000""

This is the error:
"
Upload complete, writing file(s)...

Request object error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005' 

Unexpected error 

/plugins/uploaders/WexUpload.asp, line 126 

The function returned |. 

"
It happened when I try to upload 80 mb or more, i try with 50mb but no error appear.
Thanks
Filippo 4/19/2006 11:51 AM
I have a client attempting to upload files as big as 150M having problems as well.  I have setup the limits for AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed and AspBufferingLimit appropriately, however the transfers still timeout.  I'm guessing it as something to do with this 20M limit you mention above.  We prefer not to install MS Hot Fixes on our production servers if possible.   Could you send me the work around you mention above for this type of transfer?  Thanks.
Scott Lovy 4/24/2006 1:05 PM