These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

RootFolders

I would like to use Filevista in several applications.

The problem i have is that i do not want to have several copies of filevista on my server.

As Filevista is an application and not a assembly i cannot contol at runtime what its login defaults, rootfolders are pointing at.

Is there a way to do this or a way to change the settings in the webconfig so i do not have multiple copies of filevista?
Tim Norton 2/19/2006 3:33 PM
Any chance of an update on these issues please.

I have lots of uses for this very clever application

but from a maintenance perspective its would be nice to have only one copy on my server. :)

Thanks

Tim
Tim Norton 3/2/2006 1:51 PM
FileVista will include its own user system (like WebExplorer Server) soon. It will store users and corresponding root folders in a database. 

So is this what you need or do you need to pass external variables like login and root folder information to FileVista from other applications which already have their own login system?
Cem Alacayir 3/7/2006 5:34 AM
Thanks for coming back.

The second option is what i have at present i.e. my applications deal with the security aspects of my web site. Control who can login and what they see. So i would like to pass variables to Filevista like the root folders available to an individual user or group of  users.

The first option could also work - assuming it will talk to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and i will be able to pass at run time the user name etc to filevista so the user get access to the correct root folder etc

Its a great piece of work by the way - i just need a tad more control

Thanks again

Tim
Tim Norton 3/7/2006 5:46 AM
Could you give me an update on this please? Can we pass variables to the App as it stands? We really need to be able to control on a user by user basis who can do what to be able to use the control at all...

Do you have a time frame when we will have more control over this, or if there is a tempory solution that we can use?

Thanks.

Tim
Tim Norton 3/13/2006 9:05 AM
I too would also like to know about this. We want to integrate this into a control panel for websites and that means we would need to deletegate root folders on a user basis instead of with the web.config settings. When will this be available?
Aaron 5/21/2006 12:12 PM