These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Hi.  First I would like to say that your free WebExplorer is great, however I am encountering a small problem.

The script seems to run fine using PWS on my PC via Win98, but once uploaded to AnfyHost.com and accessed I get the message: 

---------------------------------------
"The page cannot be displayed 
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. 
Please try the following:
etc....
HTTP 500 - Internal server error 
Internet Explorer"  
---------------------------------------

I dont understand why this is happening.  My web space works with other asp files, and it is based on an IIS server. The a within my site to the webexplorer asp script is correct and I uploaded the entire webexplorer directory as instructed.  

Please Help Me

Thankyou

Darren
Darren Crawford 1/2/2002 12:44 PM
Hello,

Has the server been set to read/write permissions of the directory that you are using webexplorer.asp on?

Have you changed the PATH of the directory to reflect your path?  

Mahesh B 1/3/2002 12:46 PM
You should be able to see login screen without problems if you are able to execute other asp scripts without problems. Could you have modified script code and corrupted some part of the code?
Cem Alacayir 1/4/2002 11:42 AM
Ok Everyone.  If you are encountering this problem, its because of constraints set by your provider not to execute FSO (File System Objects).  To get around this, replace all occurances of FileSystemObject with MyFileSystemObject.  This will also apply to any scripts using FSO (ie. Upload Scripts).  

EXAMPLE: In Webexplorer, replace 

Set FSO = server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

with 

Set FSO = server.CreateObject ("Scripting.MyFileSystemObject")
Darren Crawford 1/9/2002 12:20 PM
I am having the same problem. I have tried to do everything mecessary, but it doesn't work still! I have the Server Extensions installed... does that affect anything?
Landon Gaus 1/26/2002 11:16 PM