These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Warning and Thanks!

First I would like to thank you for this extreemly easy to use tool, just what I needed.

Then I have to warn people - don´t share this file with anybody that you only want to gain acces to a specific part of your site. Even if you set the Directory in a second or third level - the one you give acces can just upload his own version of this great script and give him self permission to all areas of your webpage. He can even go inside the original script and change the dir-level to fit his own need and after that delete the newuploaded version - you would hardly notise his manipulation unless you check the file servel times a day.

But a wounderfull script like I said - but only for the SUPERUSER

Best from Morten
Morten 1/29/2002 2:04 AM
Morten,
Thanks for your comments and warning but I should clear some points. WebExplorer is designed for only one user so it's not secure for multiple usage. However if you revoke the IIS Execute permission of the root folder defined for WebExplorer then the users will be able to upload ASP scripts but they won't be able to execute them. Also if you don't store WebExplorer under your defined root folder then the users won't have the ability to modify it. If you apply these suggestions, I think WebExplorer will become secure for muliple usage.
Cem Alacayir 1/29/2002 5:17 AM