These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Authorizations issue

Hi,

Love your software. We have a small office for a non-profit org here and would like to use your software.
We have user rights set up on the Win 2000 server. However, even though the inital page does do an NT challenge response authentication, once you're in... you're in. Browsing is indeed limited, but I can write to and delete files in folders which have been set to read only in the IIS control settings. 
Any ideas ?
Thanks for the help
Michael Luyckx 2/1/2002 7:19 PM
Hi,
You should revoke NTFS delete/write permissions of those folders. IIS permissions are not related with what you are trying to do.
Cem Alacayir 2/1/2002 7:55 PM
wow ! That was quick. 
It's what I thought. We were hoping to be able to allow the write on the NTFS level for LAN purposes, but restrict to read only via web interface. Main reason is that we wanted people to be able to pull in a file from home on their laptop. Not push it back.
Secondly. I only got a htpp error when I tried to access a folder I had no NTFS right to. Not a popup like someone else mentioned in another thread.
Again, great stuff. We love it
Michael Luyckx 2/1/2002 8:09 PM
If you want to limit the access of web interface, you should limit the NTFS permissions for IUSR_MACHINENAME on the required folders. 
I think the http error is normal, could you mention the thread about that?
Thanks for your comments.
Cem Alacayir 2/2/2002 6:28 AM
Sorry about not getting back to you sooner.
We don't use the IUSR_<machinename> account since we have disabled the anonymous access (for security reason)
The thread I mentioned was "no web access" by Greg Llewellyn, 11/1/2001.
We're thinking of leaving it as it is and use NTFS rights. This means the users would have read/write to their home directory from home as well.
Thanks for all the help
Michael Luyckx 2/5/2002 5:48 PM