These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Is FileVista still actively being developed?

I am seriously interested in purchasing FileVista because it is one of the better “web folder management” applications on the web right now. The one area that I believe needs some work is the user management. This feature was promised back in March 2006, but has yet to be delivered. http://www.gleamtech.com/support/forums/showthread.asp?TID=1588

The one this that nags me is after reading all of the support forum threads for FileVista, I have wonder if this product is still be developed or supported. When do you plan to release future versions of FileVista with more robust user management?

Thank you,
/MHarrison
MHarrison 11/1/2006 7:50 PM
Hi,
Yes, FileVista is still actively being developed and supported. We are sorry for the delay but we are determined to release the version with user management features.

Here are some screenshots of the next version featuring user administration:
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4

Cem Alacayir 11/5/2006 5:00 PM
When is this expected to be completed?  I need this immediately for my client.  If it is not any time soon, we will need to develop this on our own.  I'd rather pay YOU to develop this, however -- is there a way for us to commission this work to get it done faster?
Darren 11/7/2006 10:57 AM
Cem, thanks for the screenshots. They look great and only serve to wet my appetite even more. Are you planning to beta test FileVista v2? If so, please place me on the list.

From your previous posts it looks like the user information for FileVista v2 will be stored in "a database". Does this mean SQL Server 2K, MSDE, 2K5 or 2K5 Express? If so, that seems like a lot of overhead for some simple user management. Can't those settings be serialized to an .xml file instead? I think the settings.xml file would be easier for users to implement.

Just a thought,
MHarrison
MHarrison 11/7/2006 2:21 PM
Can we get an update in the progress of FileVista v2?
MHarrison 12/18/2006 5:57 PM
Hi Mr.Harrison,
A beta version of FileVista Version 2 is ready and will be released tomorrow or this weekend.

I will post  a detailed message about this soon.

Thanks for your interest.
Cem Alacayir 12/21/2006 6:00 PM
Thank you for the update.
MHarrison 12/21/2006 6:02 PM
Hi,

I'm also interested in File Vista. Was there a beta released last month?

Thank you,
Ken Lindberg 1/2/2007 12:55 PM
Hi,
Yes, it was released and sent to the current customers only.
Cem Alacayir 1/2/2007 8:03 PM
I am a current customer, and did not receive a copy of the beta!  How do I get it?
Darren 1/8/2007 12:06 PM
You didn't receive a copy of the beta because I see that you had opted out the newsletter feature during the purchase. That's why you can't receive the emails from us. Anyway I sent a copy to your email.
Cem Alacayir 1/9/2007 7:01 PM