These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Installation

Hey,

I've ran the MSI and installed the product.

I've updated the config file.

When I try to load the default.aspx, nothing happens.

I've played around with IIS until i'm blue in the face and still cant get it working.

Server 2003, IIS 6.0.

Any ideas??
Ben Fisher 11/2/2006 8:40 PM
has anyone got this thing working yet?
Ben Fisher 11/3/2006 7:30 PM
I can't get this thing to work at all.

I get this error:

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken) +675
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride) +0
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +88
   System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +62
   System.Web.HttpContext.System.IServiceProvider.GetService(Type service) +84
   GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule.a(HttpContext A_0) +48
   GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) +83
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

PLEASE HELP.

I'm interested in the product but if no one from Gleamtech is willing to help, how can I even think about paying for it?
Ben Fisher 11/3/2006 8:30 PM
It seems that ASP.NET applications is set to work in low trust level on your server so you need to increase the trust level. By default, trust level is set to FULL on servers so this error is specific to your server settings.

You can change the trust level on your server as follows:

Edit machine.config file which located at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG
Find the block below:

<location allowOverride="true">
        <system.web>
            <securityPolicy>
                <trustLevel name="Full" policyFile="internal"/>
                <trustLevel name="High" policyFile="web_hightrust.config"/>
                <trustLevel name="Medium" policyFile="web_mediumtrust.config"/>
                <trustLevel name="Low" policyFile="web_lowtrust.config"/>
                <trustLevel name="Minimal" policyFile="web_minimaltrust.config"/>
            </securityPolicy>
            <!--  level="[Full|High|Medium|Low|Minimal]" -->
            <trust level="Full" originUrl=""/>
        </system.web>
    </location>

Make sure that the trust level is set to FULL on this line:
<trust level="Full" originUrl=""/>

If you don't have permissions to change this kind of settings then contact your server administrator.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 11/5/2006 2:51 PM