These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Creating users from an external source

Hi We are looking for a component like WebExplorer Server in order to do the following : we have an e-commerce site where everyday 30 to 50 new users sign up. We would like to create a new folder and a new user with password automatically, getting data from the ecommerce site database ( Intershop, based on Sybase ). In these folders our customers should have only read rights, while our operators should have complete rights and upload there invoices and other documents as printable travel documents for RMAs...... would it be possible with WebExplorer or we would need some customization ? And if the second true which would be the cost of customization ? 

Thanks
Giorgio Brojanigo 2/16/2002 12:48 PM
Hi,
Firstly I would like to mention that WebExplorer Server is not a component, it's an application consisting of 100% ASP scripts. I am thinking on releasing a component version though.
Yes it's all possible to do with WebExplorer Server except one part. You have to build your customized signup page because current signup page can't get the data from an external source.
I have two offers:
1. I can build you a customized signup page if it's not too complex when you buy the general license($300).
2. You can buy the open source license($600) so that you have full control over the source code and thus customize it in many ways.
Cem Alacayir 2/17/2002 6:28 AM