These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Opening Error

Here is my issue. I connected our current software to open file vista in a new window through vb.net and asp.net. The upload and download works, but if you open a file instead of saving it, the window containing file vista closes and it opens a new window with the file you are opening. Is there any way to make the window holding file vista not close during this process?
Robert 1/9/2007 5:13 PM
This seems to be a IE specific issue, which version of IE are you using? Also with which file types does this happen? The demo on this site which is also opened in new window, does not cause the same problem with IE6 or IE7 on my system.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 1/9/2007 7:13 PM
Well, we are using internet explorer 6.0, which is what I was figuring it should be working for. I only have this problem when we open a file from file vista when it is in the window opened by our primary software.
Robert 1/15/2007 1:49 PM
This is a weird issue with IE 6 on XP SP2 or W2003 SP1 and the following KB article discusses the problem:
Pop-up window closes unexpectedly during a download in Internet Explorer 6

Anyway, I have sent you a fix via email which should solve the issue.
Cem Alacayir 1/19/2007 5:13 PM