These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Authentication (again!)

Hi, great bit of kit. I can see several users have asked how to turn the authentication off as they have handled it elsewhere - we are in the same situation - and have .net forms authentication authorising the user before they reach the filevista so dont need a second login.

Also is it possible to host the filevista within another app rather than call it from a different website.

many thanks for any help. 
Laurie 1/29/2007 8:07 PM
I second that!

I have read through the forums and I can live with most of this for now, but providing querystring or other authentication that automatically logs a user in (from a content management system where they are already authenticated) is ideal. 

Also, putting this on its own 'site' rather than integrating it with an existing app, is a real problem. Let us know what the work arounds are.
Karl WIlkens 1/31/2007 10:43 AM
Hi Laurie and Karl,
External authentication support is a very requested feature so we decided to work on it. 

It's not hard to authenticate an user with FileVista automatically that is already authenticated with your own system. However there are some problems. FileVista needs to know some information about the user like group memberships and permissions on the root folders. Your authentication system can not provide this kind of information so FileVista will need to keep a copy of each user in its own database system.

What are your thoughts about this issue?

Cem Alacayir 2/10/2007 7:20 AM
I have been playing catchup - I want version 2, but JUST YESTERDAY purchased  the Version 1 source code version. How can I get an upgrade price to version 2 which I believe meets all my needs?
Karl WIlkens 2/10/2007 7:27 AM
Karl,
Firstly thanks for your purchase.

You have purchased the source code license of version 1.0 and source code of version 2.0 is not available for sale at this point. Currently there is only the unlimited users license for version 2.0 at $349 but other license options will be available later.

So, you can upgrade to version 2.0 unlimited users license by paying the difference (about $49) but you will not have the source code of version 2.0

Let me know via email if you are interested in this offer.
Cem Alacayir 2/10/2007 7:36 AM
Yes - that would be perfect. Please give me a means to make the payment and thanks - this really is a fantastic product.
Karl WIlkens 2/10/2007 7:38 AM
There is no email listed on your site, and the email form generates an error (maybe because I am working on a Mac right now). Please send me an email so that we can do the purchase.
Karl WIlkens 2/10/2007 8:22 AM
Ok, I have sent you an email about the details.
Cem Alacayir 2/10/2007 8:33 AM