These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upgrade from WebExplorer Server to FileVista

Other than paying a second license fee ;), what's the benefits of upgrading to FileVista from WebExplorer Server? Is there an install script that converts my current site (folders, groups,users) to FileVista if I choose to make the switch?

Thanks!

Dave
David Bretzke 2/12/2007 10:25 AM
The biggest benefit will be fast and robust working with the help of ASP.NET technology. Also, new features will be added more frequently. Yes, an convertor script will be available soon. I will let you know.
Cem Alacayir 2/14/2007 11:53 AM
Good thanks. I'll need the conversion script, so please let me know when it's available.
David Bretzke 2/21/2007 9:19 AM
Just to let you and other WebExplorer Server users know, the upgrade option is now possible.

We have prepared an upgrade tool to import your database of WebExplorer Server into FileVista for a seamless upgrade procedure. You will be able to import your old information even into the trial version of FileVista.

FileVista includes previous features of WebExplorer Server and offers brand new features. So we recommend all of our customers to upgrade to our new product as it is developed with the latest ASP.NET technology and it offers better performance/security.

Please contact us about the discounted upgrade cost and technical concerns.
Cem Alacayir 6/19/2007 7:02 AM