These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Authentication Error

Cem,

I was able to get the trial working and everything checked out great, until I tried to use Windows Authentication (Active Directory) I removed the anonymous authentication as one of the other threads suggested and this is the error I received, if I can get this to work with AD then you can count on our company purchasing this, thanks!

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'.]
   GleamTech.FileVista.DefaultPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
Brian H. 2/13/2007 6:38 AM
Windows Authentication will be available with a small fix, I will let you know.
Cem Alacayir 2/14/2007 11:47 AM
To able to use Windows Authentication, you will need to define a user with the same name in FileVista. You are receiving the above error because the user can not be found in FileVista's database. So for instance, if you are logging in with a user named "Domain\Username" by Windows authentication then there should be an user with the exact same name in FileVista. The password can be anyhing as it won't be used for already authenticated Windows users.

Anyway, you can use Windows Authentication with the version you already have. However I am sending you a fix via email which will make it display a warning message about the missing user instead of the error message above.
Cem Alacayir 2/18/2007 4:08 AM
By the way, please don't forget to define permissions in administration page for the users added for Windows Authentication. For example, make the users member of at least one root folder.
Cem Alacayir 2/18/2007 4:21 AM