These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Unable to get FileVista to work

See below:

Server Error in '/FileVista' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error 
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'GleamTech.FileVista.FileVistaHttpApplication'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.cs" Inherits="GleamTech.FileVista.FileVistaHttpApplication" Language="C#" %>
Dave 3/13/2007 7:48 AM
It seems that you haven't read the setup instructions. See the bottom of the error page:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

This means currently ASP.NET 1.1 is active on your site, please make sure that ASP.NET 2.0 is installed and it’s the active version for the FileVista installation folder. This can be checked on the folder properties/ASP.NET tab in Internet Information Services Manager. 
Cem Alacayir 3/13/2007 10:47 AM
I apologize.  Yes, I discovered that the old version of ASP.NET was what this site was set up for.  In IIS I had to select ASP.NET 2.0.  2.0 was installed on the server, but not active for this site.  Now it is all good.

Thank you.
Dave 3/13/2007 10:52 AM