These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

can't download

Hi,

I can create and delete files and folders, but can't download. I think I've set all permission in IIS and for folders correctly, so what's wrong?

Thanks for assistance, Chris
Chris Martin 3/1/2002 4:50 PM
Hi Chris,
Are you sure that you have set IIS Read permissions for those folders? Downloading is only related with IIS Read permission for WebExplorer Free, it's nothing different from typing the url in the address bar of your browser.
Cem Alacayir 3/4/2002 3:15 PM
hi,
The read permissions have been given for the folder, still downloading doesn't work. A dialog box comes up which says, "the browser can not open this internet site.Please try again"
Thanks
Jyothsna 3/21/2002 3:59 AM
Hi Cem,

same case with me as with Jyothsna. Read permissions have been set correctly. I can open readable files (like pdf, or *.doc) via web browser, but as soon as I right-click a file name and choose "save target as" I get the same message as Jyothsna.

Thanks
Chris Martin 3/21/2002 4:04 AM
Ok, the problem is that the as are javascript commands not the url of the file itself so the "save target as" command doesn't work properly. I download files by just clicking on them so I didn't realize this problem earlier. I will release a fix soon, sorry for the late response.
Cem Alacayir 3/25/2002 5:04 PM
I have released version 1.8 which fixes your problem, please try it.
Cem Alacayir 3/25/2002 10:37 PM