These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

User Password

I have just purchased a filevista license for my company and am in the process of setting up several users.  
In the trial version, I notice that there are checkboxes for locking the users password and prompting them to change it on their first login.  However, these were disabled.  I was hoping (expecting) them to be enabled when the license was entered but they are not.  Is there an option somewhere that I am missing that allows these to be activated?
Scott 5/2/2007 6:03 AM
Hi Scott,
Those features were reserved for future versions thus the checkboxes were disabled. However they will be available in the next release and you will be notified shortly.
Cem Alacayir 5/3/2007 3:26 AM
Hi:

I got the latest v2.8 and licensed. however, I still see that:

Password Never Expires
User cannot change password
User must change password at next login still grayed out?

Please advise.
David
David 11/12/2007 2:20 PM
Unfortunately there had been some other high priority features on the list so the password features are still incomplete. However, it's now the first thing in the list so I will let you know in few days, sorry for the inconvenience.
Cem Alacayir 11/12/2007 2:42 PM
What about Permissions for folders:

Traverse subfolders, create, rename, etc? They are grayed out as well under root folder creation?
David 11/12/2007 2:58 PM
No permissions are fully functional, you just need to add a user or group to the allowed list and then select it so that you can adjust the permissions for it.
Cem Alacayir 11/12/2007 3:11 PM
Got it. That's what I didn't do...."select" the user. Now I can assign permissions.
David 11/12/2007 3:13 PM