These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Some issues

Hi,

We're currentle testing FileVista 2.0 and find it very interesting.

We've got a few comments regarding the application we need your feedback on:

- When loggin off when on the administration page then directly login on as a normal user, a "no access" message is displayed since the page tries to access "administration.aspx". Can't the default page when you login be the root folder instead of the last page you were (which seems to be the problem here)?

- When an user is associated to no root folder and login, a javascript error occurs. I unserstand it's not an usual situation but since it is allowed by the application, it should be managed (a small error message like "no root folder specified" should be enough) to avoid the error.

- When uploading files that exceed the quota, the file is not uploaded (which is a good thing) but no error message is displayed. It means that most of the users will not understand why the file did not upload.

- Also regarding the quota, it'd be nice to make it visible in the top "banner" to let user know he has restrictions (the currently used disk space for all the subfolders would be nice also but I'm not sure it'll be possible without slowing the app too much).

- Last one (sorry for being so long), when you create a new folder, the folder list (left column) is not automatically refreshed (at least not in my IE7). Is this normal? And if yes, can you do something about it?

Since we don't have access to the source code, we can't fix these issues (at least not all of them) by ourselves so do you know if this is planned and approx. when?

Thanks
Raphaël Daue 5/3/2007 2:44 AM
Yes, these are all known issues and most of them will be fixed in the next release, you will be notified shortly.
Cem Alacayir 5/3/2007 3:44 AM