These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Will FileVista Support Safari

Will FileVista Support Safari
Shawn Grass 5/10/2007 9:51 AM
FileVista depends highly on latest browser techniques to deliver the sleek look and feel. Safari currently does not support these techniques and Safari compability is hard to accomplish because they don't follow the standards as quickly as IE and Firefox. 

On the MAC side, Firefox is the best browser so I recommend you to use it instead. FileVista will work exactly the same with Firefox on MAC as on Windows .
Cem Alacayir 5/31/2007 8:58 AM
An update on this issue:

Apple has released Safari for Windows.

I have just tested FileVista with it and to my suprise, FileVista works pretty good in Safari. Safari renders FileVista almost identical to IE and Firefox, it just shows the pop-up windows bigger, not a big problem though.

I think they have fixed many things. I have tested with Safari for Windows version 3.0.2 and I don't know if the compatibility will be the same with MAC version. It would be good if someone gave feedback on the MAC side.
Cem Alacayir 6/29/2007 6:55 AM
Safari for macs has errors when you try to invoke the upload dialogu box. Ih seems like the whole box is there, but it's just partly visible. Any ideas at this stage?
Sam O 1/29/2008 6:34 AM
Update:
We have released v2.9.1 which fixes the issues with Safari so it is now a supported browser.
Cem Alacayir 3/10/2008 6:12 PM