These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

login error

hi
I had problems in logging in.
Maybe I am not able to  use Windows Authentication, and to define a user with the same name in FileVista. is there any other solutions? how can I do? 
this is the error message:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal' to type 'GleamTech.FileVista.User'.]
   GleamTech.FileVista.DefaultPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210 
Mimmo Gigante 6/6/2007 7:49 AM
I'm in the process to test the trial version of Filevista, but after a regular installation and setup in my virtual server, I'm getting just the same error message.
Do you know how to fix it or bypass it?
Ppower 6/13/2007 9:17 AM
This error means that the authentication is not fired for some reason. Please make sure that the files web.config and global.asax exist in FileVista folder. Also check if the virtual folder is defined as an application in IIS.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 6/19/2007 9:01 AM