These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Using the FileVista authentication for my webapps

Hey there,

I'm seeing again this authentication thing is a problem when you need to have people log in for several other parts of the site that aren't exactly file browsing.  What about if I were to use the FileVista authentication for all of those parts?  If it's simple then I'm in good shape.

-Brandon
Brandon 6/28/2007 6:59 AM
Hi Brandon,
If you need to integrate FileVista into your own authentication system, I can help you with it. You need to provide more information about your site's authentication system.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 6/28/2007 3:50 PM
Cem, great!

I am planning on using ASP.NET forms authentication with either the Access database or the SQL one.  In this way, all of the users are managed by the ASP.NET membership utility.
Brandon 6/29/2007 6:22 AM
Hey Cem,

I have upgraded our webserver to Server 2k3 and the permissions work correctly now.  I've been able to test FileVista, and it works correctly (although the permission properties are disabled -- I suspect this is so because it's a trial).

So:

Can you give me a quick run-down of the authentication inner-workings for Access/SqlServer?  If I can use the authentication stuff to program my own web apps "around" this one so that they all use the same authentication stuff, that would be per-fect.

Thanks,
Brandon
Brandon 7/11/2007 12:45 PM