These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

The Specified Path '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/filevista' is unavailable

When i install the product i keep getting this " The Specified Path '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/filevista' is unavailable. 

Do you have any ideas what i need to do to sort this problem ?

Thanks
Hi Tech 7/11/2007 3:23 AM
It seems the installer can not resolve the name of the server to IP address. Are you on a domain? Make sure you are connected to the network during the install.

You can also install the application manually by following the few steps described in readme.txt file.
Cem Alacayir 7/11/2007 3:52 AM
Home Directory is set to "a redirection to a URL". change this with option "A directory located on this computer". Now run your setup.
Rashmi 4/10/2009 2:22 PM
Thanks Rashmi..
it help a lot.
Arjun 6/26/2009 4:09 AM
With all credits to Rashmi, Here is the path you can reach there.

Win+R -> to open run dialogbox ; type "inetmgr".

IIS manager window gets open.

Right click -> web directory in question -> Property -> Home Directory subtab 
  "a redirection to a URL" is the option most probably you have set right now. 
  set  "A directory located on this computer" instead. Now hopefully you can complete the installation successfully :).

You can set specific folder as Home directory after you finish your setup successfully. But you'll have to redo the action again if you want to install web application again on the same web directory.
MoJo 10/6/2009 11:15 PM
Hi Arjun and Rashmi,
Even I'm getting same error. Please can you tell me where do I setup this property in IIS 7.0, as I could not get this property.

Thanks and Regards,
Ambanna Yatnal
Ambanna 12/13/2011 5:48 AM
Hi Ambanna Yatnal,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Shakun
Shakun Vohra 8/10/2012 1:29 PM