These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

ASP 2.0 trust level

I am trying to setup the trial version on my GoDaddy web hosting account. I called GoDaddy and they informed me their ASP 2.0 is on MEDIUM trust. They said FileVista requires FULL trust level.

Is this true? Please advise. I really would like to get the trial version working so I can test it. If everything works on my server then I plan on buying it ASAP.

Thank you.
Scott 9/6/2007 7:16 PM
I just spoke to GoDaddy again and they told me they will not change the trust level from MEDIUM.

Is there anyone FileVista can work with the trust level being on MEDIUM?

The error message says "Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file."
Scott 9/6/2007 10:15 PM
I just found a couple other threads in the forum that said FULL trust is needed.

However, I just found out that ASP 1.1 is set to FULL. Will the current version of FileVista work on 1.1?
Scott 9/6/2007 10:20 PM
Hi Scott,
Yes, the application requires full trust level to run in ASP.NET 2.0. It is not possible to run current version in ASP.NET 1.1 as it contains ASP.NET 2.0 specific code. However, older version (v1.0) of the application can be run in ASP.NET 1.1.

There are several parts in the application that won't run in medium trust level but for your case (GoDaddy hosting has a customized medium trust level) I guess the problem is the upload module.

Please edit the web.config file in FileVista folder and find this line:

<add name="UploadHttpModule" type="GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule, GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer" />

Comment out or remove this line to disable upload module. This may allow the application to run but without upload features.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 9/7/2007 3:40 PM
Thank you Cem.

I removed that line in web.config and it still did not work.

I am going to talk to GoDaddy about other hosting options that I can control the trust level.

Thanks.
Scott 9/9/2007 12:42 PM