These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Unable to Install: Grayed Out Buttons

Unable to Install File Vista on Win 2003 R2 box.  Cannot get past FileVista Setup Wizard.  Form submit buttons are grayed out and page pops up dialog box that is blank!

Can't this software be installed on server?  Tried both MSI and directory FTP approach.  I have full access to server.  I'm using demo version.

Anyone also have this problem?

Chris
Christopher Lee 9/22/2007 3:40 PM
Can you please provide more details? For instance, on which page of the setup wizard, you can not proceed further?

I guess the problem is browser based. Which browser and version do you use?It may be a browser caching issue, try closing and reopening the browser and make sure javascript is not disabled. 
Cem Alacayir 9/23/2007 8:37 AM
Thanks for your reply.  It fails on all browsers: IE 6, 7 and Firefox 2.0.  JavaScript is enabled on browsers.

See screenshot here: http://www.rikter.com/screen01.jpg 

It's the second page that starts with "Choose a database type and configure connection settings:"

The mdb radio button is already selected.  However the sentence ends at: "Important: Make sure that the executing identity (the windows user which is used to execute this web application) has MODIFY permission on the folder that contains the .MDB file. For your reference, the current executing identity is"

After the 'identity is" there is nothing there.

Chris
Christopher Lee 9/23/2007 1:40 PM
After taking a look at your screenshot, as some form elements are missing, it seems that ASP.NET ViewState is disabled by machine level which should be enabled by default. So you need to override this machine level setting by adding this line to the application's web.config file between <system.web> tags: 

<Pages EnableViewState="true" />
Cem Alacayir 9/23/2007 3:49 PM
That was the problem, thanks!

Enableviewstate must be set to true for the app to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris
Christopher Lee 9/28/2007 4:51 PM