These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Wish list part 2

Well, now that i have been thinking some more. The following would be a nice feature too:

Each logged on user has a special folder in the tree that is called "My Compressed Downloads".

If a user selects multiple files to "Add to Zip" or to "Download as Zip", instead of creating the file in the same folder it will automatically create the zip file in the "My Compressed Downloads".

The following administrator settings could be available for that folder:

1. Send email to user when file is ready for download (zipped). This could be handy when the files are very large and compressing it will take an extended amount of time.

2. Set maximum file age for the "My Compressed Downloads" folder. If someone zips up some files and doesn't clean up after download, FileVista would then delete the .zip automatically. The administrator could for instance set this to 48 hours or 2 hours or whatever.

3. Option to: Only send out an email when the total size of the files exceeds x amount of megabytes, otherwise show a progressbar followed by a redirect to the "My Compressed Downloads" folder.

x to be set by Administrator.

---

Hope you don't mind me brainstorming a little here :)

Robert 10/16/2007 4:17 AM
Your comments are very appreciated.

We have other important features on the to-do list like logging and email notifications but your suggestions will be also considered. 

Thank you.
Cem Alacayir 10/18/2007 7:06 AM