These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Can only login from Firefox?

I've got the latest version of Filevista, with an unlimited user license, installed on a dedicated Win2003 box.

I created a new root folder, and new user, and gave that user full access to the new folder.

When I login to the filevista server from my local subnet, I can connect with no issues.

When I go offsite, to a remote PC, I can login just fine via Firefox, but not at all via Internet Explorer.

With IE6 or IE7, I type in my credentials and password, and hit login, and get no errors, but am just dropped back to the login page.  This occurs regardless of whether I try to login as admin or my new user.  Any ideas?  Is this not so much an on/offsite issue, but rather that IE has to be patched to a certain point to gain use the site?  Help would be much appreciated.
Joshua Marshall 10/25/2007 11:46 AM
No, IE 6 or 7 is fully compatible, you don't need to patch them.

The problem is about browser caching that maybe related to a proxy as you don't have problems locally. When you enter your credentials and hit login, you are actually logged in but IE does not display the refreshed page due to caching. At this point, if you click "Refresh" button of IE, you will see that the application is displayed.

If the problem occurs on your next login again, let me know.
Cem Alacayir 10/25/2007 4:18 PM
Is there anyway to fix this issue as it is very annoying to refresh every time you login.

Also, can you send me the upgrade information from version 2?

Thanks
John Yip 4/10/2008 3:00 AM
This issue was fixed after v2.8. Let me know if you are still having the problem with v3.0. I have sent you the upgrade information.
Cem Alacayir 4/10/2008 11:45 AM