These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Suggestions

Not sure whether these have been suggested before, but anyway:

Can you add a progress bar when zipping and extracting files within FV. Also user feedback once completed.

When cutting/copying a file (eg cut/copy/paste) can you change the icon/file (eg faded icon)being cut so the user gets the confirmation. Also progress bar for large copies would be handy as well.

When copying to a different folder can you add the functionality to right-click in the "whitespace" within the folder to bring up the menu to paste? 

Can you add the functionality to upload a folder plus contents rather than selecting individual files.

Cheers,

Damon
Damon 12/7/2007 3:31 AM

An addition:

A manual screen refresh needs to be done after the user has completed uploading a file in order to see the newly uploaded file with FV. 

Is it possible to have the upload process snapped to the navigation menu, giving you the ability to still browse and administer files whilst the upload is in progress?

Cheers,

Damon

P.S. Purchased FV tonight, great product.
Damon 12/9/2007 2:41 AM
Thanks for you valuable suggestions, I have noted them and we will see if we can add those features.
Cem Alacayir 12/17/2007 4:31 AM
Hi Cem,

Couple more suggestions for ya :)

Are you able to add a "Filevista" Download progress menu as an additon to downloading via browser.  When downloading via IE it only allows you to download 2 files at a time by default, which is a pain, it would be nice to queue up or your files for download much the same as the upload functionality. Hope this makes sense.

Also I noticed today, that when downloading files that I cant change to another folder or menu until the download has finished. Are you able to remove this restriction, or as Ive suggested above, have the upload progress plus download progress snapped to the navigation menu whilst you browse other directories etc.

Cant wait for the ability to download/upload via directory rather than just files. :P

Cheers,

Damon

P.S. Im starting to run out of user licenses. How do i go about upgrading to the next level and paying the difference?

As always, keep up the awesome work Cem!

Damon 1/15/2008 9:49 PM
Found use a single user account to login multiple times from multiple locations at the same time. Is this by design? Easy to fix?

Cheers,

Damon
Damon 1/16/2008 7:27 PM
Hi Damon,
You can download max 2 files at a time because in Windows, the limit to the maximum number of connections that can be made to a server is 2 by default due to HTTP/1.1 specification. This means is that if IE (not effects Firefox) makes three calls to the server, the third call will be blocked until one of the first two is finished. Thus you noticed that you can not change to another folder during downloading 2 files at the same time. However you can increase the maximum number of connections for IE by adding some registry settings, please see the below KB article for the details:
How to configure Internet Explorer to have more than two download sessions

Noted your suggestion regarding download queue and folder upload/download.

Yes, the multiple login issue is by design but there will be an option to disable it.

I have sent you the details about upgrading your license via email.

Thanks for your feedback.
Cem Alacayir 1/21/2008 6:26 AM