These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Problem Retrieving Language File

I am getting the following error when trying to use the control on any page...

"There was a problem retrieving the language file."

"Method Not Allowed. Error 405"

Any ideas? The language file is there and "Everyone" has access to it. No one has deny permissions.

Thanks!
Jake
Jake 1/22/2008 8:54 AM
After setting the debug attribute to true, I noticed it isn't failing trying to find the file, but rather when it is trying to send a post to filevista.asmx. I confirmed in IIS that asmx is mapped to the correct dll and post is included in the allowed verbs. I also verified the following is correct in my web.config...

<webServices>
 <protocols>
  <add name="HttpPost"/>
 </protocols>
</webServices>

Any ideas on what to try next? Thanks!

Jake
Jake 1/22/2008 9:01 AM
Run the following the command to re-register the ASP.NET mappings:
<WindowsDir>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 1/22/2008 9:37 AM
If you are on IIS 6.0 or later, you can also try "aspnet_regiis -enable" if it is still not fixed.
Cem Alacayir 1/22/2008 9:43 AM
Got it figured out. It turns out the problem was with our URL Rewriter. I'm not sure why, but even if the URL to a web service is allowed, the rewriter screws up the post request. So I modified the global.asax to not execute the rewriter if the url being requested is FileVistaControl/filevista.asmx and everything seems to work. I hope this helps anyone else who runs into this issue.

Thanks!
Jake 1/22/2008 9:59 AM