These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Network Service Permissions

I have given the network service a modify NT permission on a folder that is named c:\gogn
but still i am able to make root folders on the c:\ . The network service has no rights on c:\ ... ? 

And there is another problem, when i log in, some times the input boxes for username and password gray out, and i have to hit Refresh to get into the file explorer. 

Birkir 2/26/2008 1:14 AM
You can define any root folder regardless of the permissions. Note that only the administrator can define the root folders. However, when a user logs in and tries to browse a root folder, he will get an error message if NTFS permissions are denied.

With which browser and version does that happen?
Cem Alacayir 2/26/2008 12:37 PM
Ok. I thought the Network Service was the user account filesvista is running under. Which user is the admin of filevista using ? 

The refresh problem happens on Internet Explorer 7
Birkir 2/26/2008 2:10 PM
The default executing identity is the account ASPNET for Windows 2000 and NETWORK SERVICE for Windows 2003. 
You can find out the exact name of the executing identity by running the web configuration wizard configuration.aspx. You will need to edit the file FileVista/App_Data/FileVista.config and temporarily set the value of IsConfigurationComplete key to 0 so that you can run configuration.aspx. You will find the necessary information on the first page of configuration.aspx, you shouldn't proceed to the next pages. Don't forget to set the value of IsConfigurationComplete key back to 1 after you get the information.

The refresh problem was fixed in v2.8, are you using a version prior to v2.8?
Cem Alacayir 3/4/2008 3:03 AM