These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

More than one to one home folder

We have a need to have multiple users be able access one home folder, all with different usernames and passswords.

Is there any way we can do this.

We have the Server version of WebExplorer and we think it is great.
Jason Madlin 4/18/2002 3:13 PM
Why don't you disable home folders of all users and just make the users member of a special group you created? That's way, every user would have access to the same home folder (group folder).
Cem Alacayir 4/19/2002 2:19 PM
We are looking to have different users from the same client have different privaledges for folders within the home folder (or group folder for that matter).

E.g.  User A needs upload capabilities to folder 1, user b needs read only for folder 1.  User 2 has read only for folder 1 and user 2 has upload for folder 2.

We are currently using NT permissions against the folders tocontrol upload capabilities.
Jason Madlin 4/23/2002 12:53 PM
Jason,
I am working on a new user/group logic that would handle these cases, I know that current logic is not suitable for these cases.
Cem Alacayir 4/24/2002 6:25 PM
Cem,

Any idea when this will be available and how much?

Do you need a beta tester?
Jason Madlin 4/24/2002 10:59 PM
It may take up to a month. All updates are free.
I may contact you for beta testing.
Thank you.
Cem Alacayir 4/25/2002 4:28 AM
Great.

The cleint that I just implemented this for is in real need of this solution and I already have 2 others ready to sign up with me too.

Do you think we could start beta testing this now?

By the way, I am systems integrator and solution provider and would love to resell this solution.  Is this something that you do?

Thanks
Jason Madlin 4/26/2002 10:05 AM
I sent you an email.
Cem Alacayir 4/29/2002 8:12 AM
It's the end of July.  Any word on when this functionality might be ready?  

If I could assign multiple groups to a single folder and give those groups different permissions - I'd be a lot more interested!
Robert Nekic 7/24/2002 2:59 PM
Sorry, there was an unexpected delay.
I was completely rewriting the application but as it took long time, I may think on releasing a quick version with this feature in 2 weeks.
Cem Alacayir 7/24/2002 6:50 PM