These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

File Events

I've been looking at the 1.4 release of the control and have reviewed the email sent to me by Cem Alacayir at Gleamtech regarding events raised by the control.

Browsed, Created, Deleted, Renamed, Copied, Moved, Compressed, Extracted, Uploaded, Downloaded and Failed.

What is really needed is an event when a file is selected so that I can extract the relative file information, which would make the component far more usable. Relying on javascript for the these events is not what I'm looking for to be honest
Shaun Doudican 4/7/2008 1:32 AM
Those are server-side events and raising a server-side event everytime a file is selected would not be efficient. It's better to put your custom button on the page along with the control and submit the selected files when clicked on that button. You can get the selected file names from the control by some simple javascript code.

We will make the API easier in future versions but at least you can still implement some custom action with the current version.
Cem Alacayir 4/8/2008 5:21 PM