These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Minor problem with cut and paste functionality

During an evaluation of your control ,I noticed that the cut and paste functionaliy was not working (although it was before).   Upon investigation, it appeared that it worked for small files but not larger files.
As I was running a small quota at the time, it appears that the cut and paste functionality works correctly however there is no pop-up message to state that performing an operation will exceed the quota as is the case when copying the larger files.  Have I mis-configured something?
Paul Blain 4/9/2008 7:20 PM
A warning message about exceeding quota is shown when uploading files but not during copying files. I have noted your suggestion, thank you for the feedback.
Cem Alacayir 5/6/2008 8:17 AM
FYI, this feature is now included in v1.9:

- Added: Detailed information (action size, remaining size and total quota) will be displayed when an action (Upload, Add to Zip, Extract and Paste) exceeds the quota limit of the folder.

- Fixed: Quota limit will be checked before starting the actions (Add to Zip, Extract and Paste). If the total size of the action exceeds the quota limit, the action will be canceled.
This will prevent the action from being completed partially. In previous versions, the action was being processed until a file's size exceeded the quota limit. This was causing partially extracted/pasted files.

- Fixed: Quota limit will not be checked when moving items from a subfolder to a parent folder and vice versa unless the subfolder has an overridden quota setting.
A parent folder's total size already includes the size of the subfolders so moving items within the parent folder can not effect the remaining quota size.
Cem Alacayir 3/22/2010 3:45 PM