These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Detecting a Session Timeout

When a session expires and you attempt to upload a new file, the control displays a pop up message stating "Session has expired"  If you then attempt to cut, paste etc, you get an "Internal Server Error (500)".
As the page has been logged into, I want to re-direct them back to the login page but I can't seem to trap and event when the session has expired.  I could set a timer and query the control but I'm wondering what the recommended approach is.
In the mean time, I have set a large session timeout.
Paul Blain 4/11/2008 12:45 AM
I think the control should refresh the host page instead of displaying the pop-up message about session expiration. This way, your host page would redirect to your login page. I have noted it.
Cem Alacayir 5/6/2008 9:00 AM
FYI, session expiration is handled by refreshing the host page instead of displaying a warning message with version 1.5.1 which we have just released.
Cem Alacayir 5/28/2008 7:43 AM
In version 1.5.1 when session expires and you attempt to download a file nothing happens, it does not refresh the current page where FileVistaControl is added, so Page_Load is not fired and we can't redirect the page to login page. Again after session expiration if you click "Open With> Web Browser" then the new page opens with an error message. 
Monsur Ahmed 6/9/2008 11:21 PM
Hi Monsur,
Thanks for reporting this problem, I have sent you the fix via email. The fix will be also included in the next release.
Cem Alacayir 6/16/2008 5:40 AM
Thanks for the fix, But after session timeout if a user select a file , then right click and then click "Open With > Web Browser", a blank page opens with "Session has expired" Title and the perent page remains same, not refreshed.  So user is not redirected to login page unless he clicks agin for any other operation.
Monsur Ahmed 6/16/2008 11:33 PM
FYI, this problem is fixed completely in v1.5.7.
Cem Alacayir 6/20/2008 7:46 AM