These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Security model

I'm currently evaluating the FileVistaControl and i was wondering if there was a way to enforce better security on the RootFolder.  I know that there is a way to set the security programmatically in the FileVistaRootFolder but other services (like FTP and WebDav) avec access to this folder as well so i don’t necessarily want to give the “Network Service” user read and write access to this folder!

Is there a way to intercept the call to the webservice who browses or upload the files so I can impersonate the currently authenticated user?

Thx

Olivier
Olivier 4/19/2008 5:01 PM
You can impersonate the current Windows user by adding these lines to web.config:

<authentication mode="Windows" /> 
<identity impersonate="true" />

If you want to impersonate only a certain user regardless of the authenticated user then add these lines instead:

<authentication mode="Windows" /> 
<identity impersonate="true" userName="SomeUser" password="Password123"/>
Cem Alacayir 4/24/2008 9:08 AM
I think it would be good to make it clear that this product does not seem to work in "Medium Trust" environment, such as GoDaddy.  If you run your own server, it is terrific.  A modification would be very appreciated.  Your thoughts?
Brad 5/21/2008 9:26 PM
Yes, we plan to make the control be able to run on medium-trust level.
Cem Alacayir 6/6/2008 9:31 AM