These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Delete Folder with Session Timeout

Without doubt, this is one great component which saves hundreds of coding hours.  Thank you, well worth the money.

I am experiencing an issue which I am hoping you can help me with.

When deleting folders (at any level) a session timeout occurs.  Popup script box with "An error occurred: Session has expired."  Once I click OK (the only option) the session does timeout.

It does not happen when deleting files (at any folder level), it does not matter if the folders are empty or not and I have tried cuts, copies and pastes with no issues either.

Thanks,
Telmo

Telmo Silva 4/27/2008 10:40 AM
I have recently installed the 1.5 update however I continue to have the same error when deleting folders.

Thanks in advance for any pointers to how I can solve this issue.
Telmo Silva 5/4/2008 6:39 AM
Hi Telmo,
I am glad the control is useful to you.

Regarding the session expiration issue; this is a feature of ASP.NET 2.0. Whenever a subfolder within the application's root folder is deleted the application domain is recycled. So you should use root folders outside the application. For instance, if your application folder is /FileVista, you should not use a subfolder like /FileVista/Subfolder as a root folder.
Cem Alacayir 5/6/2008 1:17 PM
Thank you!  Works like a charm.  Needed to move the folder out of the VS app.  Not a big issue.

Thanks again,
T.
Telmo Silva 5/7/2008 12:10 PM
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with Cut & Pasting folders.
Thanks for offering a solution!

Eric
Eric Winter 5/14/2008 4:44 AM
Eric,
Please use root folders pointing to folders outside of the project folder as I told above. If you keep your root folders under the project folder, the appdomain will be recycled on file actions like delete/cut/paste because ASP.NET considers those file actions as changes to your project.
Cem Alacayir 6/2/2008 6:47 PM