These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

FileVistaControl inside AjaxToolKit TabPanel

This is probably true for any tabpanel not just the AjaxToolKit ones, but in IE 7 there is a JavaScript error that prevents the control from loading properly.  It does load in Firefox, maybe because Firefox ignores jscript it can't compute.

I tried placing the control in an aspx file then iframing it, but the error continues.

Is there anything that can be done to get this control working in a TabPanel?

Thanks...
Daniel Penrod 5/21/2008 11:38 AM
There shouldn't be any problems when putting the control in a tabpanel control. I guess the problem should be about the js error discussed Bugfix for Safari 3.1.1 grid.js. This problem was fixed in v1.5.1, please try with the latest version.
Cem Alacayir 6/6/2008 9:16 AM
Cem,
I didn't get an error in the tab panel, but then again, I didn't get anything but a header section telling me how many files there are inside the folder.  When I placed the code in a blank page (no AJAX) I was able to make it work.  When I clicked "here" in your response, it didn't take me anywhere.
hawkdriver 7/28/2008 6:35 AM
Hi Chris,
For determining the problem easirer use Firefox to test the application because it has an error console (options->error console) which shows detailed JS errors (Errors tab).

Let me know.

Cem Alacayir 7/29/2008 1:34 PM
I think you miss the point. I have the same problem as Danial. In IE I get a JS error and it renders incorrectly. In FF, it renders fine in a tabpanel. There is no point debugging in FF since it doesn't have a problem. 
Chris 1/14/2009 9:54 PM
This is how it appears in IE:

http://screencast.com/t/DrukGbxMAK
Chris 1/14/2009 10:03 PM
Hi Chris,
The problem is caused because the control is rendered within this tag: 
<div id="TabContainer1_TabPanel1_TabContainer2_TabPanel5" style="display:none;visibility:hidden;"> 
</div> 

Note the propety display:none , this causes the control to have 0 width and 0 height thus you get the script error and improper rendering. Is there a  way/setting  to remove the “display:none” property from the tab control? Or you may try to put the  control to the first tab which is displayed on page load.
Cem Alacayir 1/26/2009 11:48 AM
To simplify things, we just made it display in a popup window :(

Chris 1/27/2009 10:27 AM
I have the same problem and the conrol cannot be put in the first tab ;(

Any way to fix this?
Joost 2/4/2009 12:47 PM
At the end of your page include this script block:

<script type="text/javascript">
        $get("TabContainer1_TabPanel1").style.display = "block";
    </script>

Replace the id TabContainer1_TabPanel1 with the id of the panel which contains the FileVistaControl. Note that this is the client side id so view the HTML source to find the exact ID of the panel.
Cem Alacayir 3/10/2009 7:33 AM
Cem,

In my application when the the script block is run the FileVista control is also visible under the first tab. 

When I click on tab then it works, but on the first page load the control is placed underneath tht tabcontrol.

Any ideas how to fix?
Joost 3/10/2009 11:49 AM
Please modify the code to change the visibility to hidden so that the control can still calculate the size but it won't be visible. See below:

$get("TabContainer1_TabPanel1").style.display = "block"; 
$get("TabContainer1_TabPanel1").style.visibility = "hidden"; 
</script> 
Cem Alacayir 3/11/2009 7:06 AM
Cem,

Setting visibility to hidden doesnt work!

I guess we're running out of options here?
Joost 3/11/2009 9:02 AM
Ok I have tested the below code and it works. In your page include this script block: 

document.getElementById("TabContainer1_TabPanel2").style.display = "block";

controlLoadCompleteEvent = function() {
            document.getElementById("TabContainer1_TabPanel2").style.display = "none";                    
        };
    </script>^

Replace TabContainer1_TabPanel2 with the id of the panel which contains the FileVistaControl.
Cem Alacayir 3/25/2009 8:11 PM
FYI, this problem is now fixed in v1.9:

- Fixed: The control will now render properly when placed within an invisible container (eg. tab panels).
Cem Alacayir 3/22/2010 3:46 PM