These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Mac friendly download?

Hi Cem,

is there anything that I need to be doing to make the WE Server mac friendly for downloads?  Right now when a Mac user uses IE to doubke click a file for download, a very small window pops-up (I can see the D only of Downloading) and then it just stays there.

Thanks

Jason.
Jason Madlin 5/9/2002 5:52 PM
I haven't test it with IE on a Mac but I remember that it worked for some
users well.
I will remove that download window in the next release, it causes some
troubles.
Cem Alacayir 5/10/2002 7:30 PM
HI,
I have the same problem with IE mac.
He propose to download the file "download.asp" when i click on a "example.zip" file (for ex.).

Is there a fix or another way to download a file than double click?
Media*A 9/23/2002 11:26 AM
It may write "download.asp" but what happens when you press "Save" button?
Does the file download correctly?
Cem Alacayir 9/25/2002 4:09 PM
no... unfortunatly not... It propose to download "download.asp".

I think the solution could be: add a a to the files and propose to "Appel+click" and 'donwnload target...'  (for Web browser 'openables' files) or simple click on the a (for .zip or non 'openables' files) for MAC users.

Other remark: on MAC OSX on the upload page, you dont have the "status bar" like on PCs. It could be maybe intersting to add a (fake gif?) loading bar... because ther is no feed back of uploading on big files.
Media*A 9/25/2002 5:05 PM
I can modify the application to download the files directly if you are using web accessible service folders else it won't work.

Status bar for upload is on the list of development.
Cem Alacayir 9/30/2002 8:34 PM