These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Questions !

Hi !!

I have tested your product for several days and find it to be very good. I have some questions regarding the product !

1. I have read the forum posts and seen that there have been questions about a swedish language file. Have anyone made/released one ?

2. When you direct your browser to filevista login you are presented with "Welcome to filevista, please enter your credentials". Is it possible to change filevista to my company name ?

3. I have read some posts here on the forum regarding rootfolders. My question is can you in detail describe how to have only one rootfolder and subfolders with users who only see there own files/folders. I have trouble understanding place holder variables, see below

"This behaviour is by design. A root folder represents a specific set of permissions on a specific physical path. 

So rather than creating a single root folder like: 
c:\office1\ 

You should create 2 separate root folders: 
c:\office1\client1 
c:\office1\client2 

Or you can create a dynamic root folder by using the place holder variable {user.name}: 
For instance, you want your users to have home folders under main folder c:\AllUsers . You create a root folder with path "c:\AllUsers\{user.name}" and with name "{user.name}'s Home Folder". Then you make a user named Michael member of this root folder and assign some permissions. Finally, when the user Michael logs in, he sees the root folder name as "Michael's Home Folder" and he sees the contents of the path "c:\AllUsers\Michael" 

Can you try to explain this in greater detail please !

Other than that the product works fine, installation went smoothly and everything works great.

May come up with more questions later on. If after some more testing everything works out i will buy this product and integrate it with our hosting services !

Patrik
Patrik 7/17/2008 9:04 AM
Hi, 

1. i think there is no swedish language file yet but you can very easily set one up and import it to your system. just change the english en.xml to your language save and add it to the language folder.

2. yes. simply rework the html code of the login.aspx file to your needs.

3. don't know. haven't worked with that yet.
Chris Adelt 7/18/2008 6:51 AM
Hi again !!

Cem, can you please give a detailed instruction on question 3 in my post above !!

Patrik
Patrik 7/23/2008 12:14 AM
Hi Patrik,
The place holder {user.name} is a special string which is replaced by the currently logged in user's name. You can use this place holder within text of both a root folder's name and path.

For testing the feaute, create a root folder named

{user.name}’s home folder

With path

C:\some path\{user.name}

Assign a user (eg. named Patrik) to this root folder with some permissions.

Then log out and log in with the credentials of the user Patrik. You will now see a root folder named 

Patrik’s home folder 

and this root folder points to the path 

C:\some path\Patrik

So this way every user that is member of the root folder will see a customized root folder name and contents of their custom folders created according to their user names.
Cem Alacayir 7/29/2008 7:12 AM

Hi,

I have the sorce code for version 4.0 and I'd like to change the welcome message as stated in the first post. I can't seem to find where this text is coming from. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Rob
Rob Gibson 8/19/2010 11:55 AM
Hi Rob,

look at the code of the login.aspx file. There you will find some placeholders for the text in the form of 3 digit numbers. Those numbers are replaces with the text of the chosen language.xml file wich is located in the language subfolder.

You can change the texts in the language.xml very easily.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris 8/19/2010 12:11 PM
Thanks that worked.
Rob Gibson 8/23/2010 8:17 AM