These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Unable to view > 100 directories

I'm attempting to open a folder with > 100 sub-directories and keep getting an internal server 500 error, which I've discovered is actually a timeout.

I have another directory with 60 sub-directories and it opens no problem. I'm wondering what's going on here.

Any ideas?
Andrew Durstewitz 8/14/2008 6:19 AM
This should be not about the number of sub-folders but the depth of the folder. Please try increasing the execution timout in web.config:

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1000">
Cem Alacayir 9/1/2008 1:26 PM
The problem with simply increasing the timeout is that it takes forever! There are just a few hundred folders, but each folder has about 2k files in it. Is there not an optimization that can be done for this?
Andrew Durstewitz 5/14/2009 6:19 AM
This issue was discussed in
Long Delay to Access Folders
I have sent you an updated file, we will find a better solution in future versions.
Cem Alacayir 5/20/2009 7:39 PM
FYI, v3.6 includes the following changes regarding this problem:

- Improved: Speed of file listing in the folder view and subfolder populating in the folder tree.
- Added: New setting "DisableFolderExpandableCheck" in filevista.config which can be set to "1" if you are experiencing slow load times with huge folders.
When building the folder tree, FileVista calculates if a folder is expandable or not (ie. if it should have a plus sign or not).
By changing this setting to "1", you can disable this calculation and improve loading speed of huge folders.
Cem Alacayir 6/8/2009 1:37 AM