These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Hide certain file types

Hi, 

We just purchased control from you and, 
and wondering if it is possible to hide certain file types from user, i.e. hide file type with extension of asp, aspx and show everything else
dhaivat 9/3/2008 3:29 PM
The AllowedFileTypes property of a root folder currently controls the file types that are allowed to be uploaded but we are considering to make this property control the listing of files too in next versions.
Cem Alacayir 11/4/2008 3:56 PM
We do need this -or- instructions for us to build something ourselves to remove these. You lead me to believe this feature would be included in the 1.6 ver. Please give us some guidance. Thanks
dpbarbella 12/4/2008 9:39 AM
Ok, here is a quick way to accomplish file type filtering.

Edit FileVistaControl\scripts\filevista.js and search this line:

grid.addRow(cellArray, icon);

Replace it with these lines:

reFileTypes = /^.*\.htm|.*\.html$/i;
if (reFileTypes.test(cellArray[1]))
    grid.addRow(cellArray, icon);

Note that the filter above is for *.htm and *.html files. Use the expression syntax .*\.ext for matching *.ext and separate  extension expressions with | symbol.
Cem Alacayir 12/12/2008 4:09 AM
FYI, v1.7 includes this feature:

- Added: A root folder's AllowedFileTypes property will now restrict all file actions (List, Delete, Rename, Copy, Move, Extract, Compress and Download) and not only Upload action. This means only allowed file types will be visible and manageable in the file listing.
Cem Alacayir 6/8/2009 1:42 AM