These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Missing statistics in upload dialog in FF 3.0.4

While uploading files with Firefox 3.0.4 in Flash-mode, the upload dialog misses upload statistics. Only the progress bar is shown and updated -- all other text is gone.

I tested this using FF 3.0.4 while uploading a batch of 4 files of total 1 Gb.

Hosted FileVistaControl is v1.6.0.
Upload mode is Flash.
Flash Player at client side is v10.0.12.36.

Eric Winter 11/20/2008 8:17 AM
Strange, I couldn't reproduce this. Is it related to big files only or can you reproduce the problem for any upload with Firefox 3.0.4 in Flash-mode? Have you tested with our live demo?
Cem Alacayir 11/20/2008 9:11 AM
Version of Flash Player installed at the server is v9.0.124.0.

I'll check your other suggestions and get back to you.

Eric
Eric Winter 11/20/2008 9:44 AM
I just uploaded 4 smaller files, of 1, 3, 5 and 7Mb, and onserved exactly the same behavior: the n upload dialog is missing the upload statistics.

The upload dialog shows "Upload Files" in the window title, the upload icon is shows as normal, with to the right of the icon the text "Uploade to Folder:" in BOLD, and straight under this text, the name of the folder receiving the upload.

Just above the blue progress bar, aligned with the left side of the bar,  is a tiny icon representing a picture. Not sure what that represents. It does not respond to clicking.

This behaviour happens when:
- uploading in FF 3.0.4 with Flash 10 installed on the client;
- server hosts FileVistaControl v1.6.0;
- server has Flash v9.0.124.0 installed;
- the upload mode is Flash;

Hope you'll be able to reproduce this,

Eric
Eric Winter 11/20/2008 9:58 AM
Flash version on the server is irrelevant. Did you reproduce the same error in our live demo (Example 1 or 2) with the same browser (FF 3.0.4 with Flash 10 )? If not this is not a client issue and it may be caused by something (JS error) in your host aspx page.

When you reproduce the error, can you open the "Error Console" in firefox and note the detailed JS error messages if any?
Cem Alacayir 11/27/2008 11:12 PM