These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

How to begin

Hi,

Sorry to be such a noob, but I can't get the examples to work. I have all files from the FileVistaExamples folder in c:\FileVistaExamples and configured IIS for this as a Virtual Directory. I've opened this website in VS and added the references from FileVistaControl/Bin folder. Checked in the /Bin folder and they are there. When i Build, it says "Could not load type "GleamTech.FileVistaExamples.example1" and 2.

If I browse to localhost\FileVistaExamples\example1.aspx, I get the same error message.

Please help this noob get started! Thank you.
vanX 11/20/2008 10:47 PM
Hi Blun,
You need to configure FileVistaExamples (or any ASP.NET application) as an Application not just a Virtual Directory.
Cem Alacayir 11/21/2008 3:39 AM
I've just downloaded the demo version of the control, and get the same error message "Could not load type "GleamTech.FileVistaExamples.example1" even though the folder is configured as an application.  Anthing else I need to check?
Rey Dipasquale 12/12/2008 1:50 PM
The example project in the package is not compiled because it's not an application for the end-user. You need to first open it in Visual Studio and build it your self.

You receive the error because the project DLL (GleamTech.FileVistaExamples.dll) is not yet created. When you build the project VS will automatically copy the control dlls (as they are referenced) to FileVistaExamples\bin folder and also create the project dll in the same folder.
Cem Alacayir 12/15/2008 9:06 PM