These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Problem seting up FileVista

Do you have detailed setup instructions?

I have read Readme.txt and was able to change the web.config file. However, I do not know how to reference the DLL once I do not have the Visual Studio project. I only have the published site. 

How could I reference to DLL manually? Where should I do that?

When I try do access example1.aspx I get the following error:

Server Error in '/filevista' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Site\externo\teste\FileVista\FileVistaExamples\web.config line 28)

Source Error: 

Line 26:         </pages>
Line 27:         <httpModules>
Line 28:             <add name="GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule" type="GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule, GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer"/>
Line 29:         </httpModules>
Line 30:         <webServices>

Server: Windows 2003
ASP: 2.0.50727
Mauro Bertuol 12/12/2008 8:30 AM
So you say you do not have the Visual Studio project and only have the published site. However I see that you put the whole FileVistaExamples folder under your site. The example project is not for integrating into your own site, you just run it as standalone (after you compile with VS).

You should copy only the control subfolder which is "FileVistaControl" subfolder in the zip package, to your project's root folder. For instance, to 
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Site\externo\FileVistaControl

Then you should copy all the DLLs from FileVistaControl\bin to your site's bin folder, eg. to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Site\externo\bin

Add the settings (noted in Readme.txt) to your site's web.config file, eg. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Site\externo\web.config

Now you can add the control to an ASPX page of your site. Create an ASPX page and add the control via tagPrefix method as shown in example1.aspx.

Cem Alacayir 12/15/2008 8:47 PM