These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Unable to generate temporary class

Hi,

I have an application running the FileVistaControl and everything works.

As long as I use the local system account or network service account for the application pool. When I assign a specially created account with the same rights as the network service account and I make the account memeber of the IIS_WPG group everything in my application works except the control. I get an internatl server error unable to locate language file. When I turn debug tot true I get:

error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\Temp\1v9kbop.0.cs' could not be found.
error CS2008: No inputs specified

Simply turning the application pool identity back to local system or network service fixes this problem but leaves your application kind of insecure.

Any help is much appreciated!

Bastiaan Hungerink 1/13/2009 2:51 PM
Wow, turned out to be very simple to fix.

Appearantly the control needs to access windows\temp

I just added 'write' rights to the windows\temp folder for my application pool account.

Maybe this is a good thing to document, as it is not obvious the control uses a windows temp folder.

Anyway hope this helps others!
Bastiaan Hungerink 1/13/2009 2:56 PM
Hi Bastiaan,
Actually, this is specific to ASP.NET and not the control. You need to set permissions if you are not using the default accounts because ASP.NET compiles the files in windows\temp folder, this was discussed in other threads.
Cem Alacayir 1/13/2009 3:29 PM
Hi,

Okay didn't know that. So my feeling to really like this control was right, yet again I stumble upon 'old classic asp' way of thinking by me.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
Bastiaan Hungerink 1/13/2009 3:33 PM