These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Navigate programatically and external link support?

I'm trying filevistacontrol now, and suppose to buy soon.
Can I navigate some specified file from an external link? or can I have the control show some spcified folder/file programatically? what I want is after user upload a file by filevistacontrol, I can record a mark of that file(or its folder), then some days later will want to show the folder/file by the control. besides, don't want to change the root folder.
The other question is does it support external link of the file? it will be prefect if i can use a simple link address to download a file through the control, I know many netdisk site support this feature but filevista seems not, or is there other ways for me to implement/walkaround?
not sure if I explained clearly, i'm not an English use, anyway.
Clark Nu 6/4/2009 2:03 AM
FileVistaControl is hosted in an aspx page so you can design that page such that it accepts a parameter to display a certain folder. For instance, you can call hostpage.aspx?folder=somefolderinfo and in the page code you can programmatically make FileVistaControl display the folder given by the querystring parameter.

The other question is also known as "hotlink" feature which is on our to-do list.
Cem Alacayir 6/11/2009 3:36 PM