These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload issue

For some reason I cannot get anything larger than 20mb or so to upload.  I'm using the Flash upload method and it just states "Upload started".  It doesn't list the current file and the progress bar never changes.  I've tried uploading several different files types and they all get the same results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark
Mark 6/26/2009 10:05 AM
I should add that the control is being used on a page that is secured in an Admin folder with Forms Authentication and the FileVistaControl folder is unsecured in the root of the web site.  I've tried changing the order of the httpModules in the web.config and adding a <location path="filevistacontrol"> for the FileVistaControl folder both of which didn't help.  FireFox acts like it's uploading but no file get uploaded.  This is running on IIS6.
Mark 6/26/2009 10:53 AM
Ok.  Now I moved the FileVistaControl to the Admin folder and added the <location path="filevistacontrol"> to the web.config and it acts like everything is uploading fine but no file gets uploaded.  It says "Error Occured".  I have debug set to true but I'm not getting a detailed enough error message.  Any ideas?
Mark 6/26/2009 12:08 PM
I am having the same problem...was this ever resolved?
Tim 7/2/2009 5:42 AM
No.  Still waiting.  Hopefully we can get this resolved.
Mark 7/2/2009 5:43 AM
As you are running on IIS6, I guess this upload limitation should be about URLscan.

URLscan is usually located in the directory C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\urlscan. Navigate to this directory and edit the urlscan.ini file. By default, this file has the entry:

MaxAllowedContentLength = 30000000 

which restricts the maximum allowed upload size to 30 MB. Changing this entry to a larger value will allow the server to accept large uploads. You may need to restart IIS for changes to take effect after saving the file.

Cem Alacayir 7/6/2009 3:56 PM
Thank you very much.  That solved the issue.
Mark 7/7/2009 2:39 PM