These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Plans to allow direct uploads to cloud provider

We're considering your control.  Wondering if you have any plans to allow saving of files to a cloud provider such as Amazon S3?  We'd like to come up with an alternative to storing user files on the server due to back up costs and ensuring redundancy.  Let me know if you have any thoughts on this.
Scott 8/9/2009 4:47 PM
As a quick f/u.  See http://flajaxian.com/ for how they go directly to Amazon.  I'm really trying to find a combination of that plus what you've done with the file/folder management.
Scott 8/9/2009 4:57 PM
We haven't considered this feature but thanks for your suggestion. Note that the control raises an event after an upload is complete. You may plug into this event and send the files to S3 from the web server with your custom code.
Cem Alacayir 8/10/2009 2:27 PM
Hey Cem,

We have been using File Ultimate for several years now and it is great!  I recently did a new deployment that utilizes Amazon S3 as the storage and Tnt Drive as the ability to "mount" the storage as a local drive letter.

The two are not working very well together and since I don't have the source code for either, I cannot begin to diagnose the problem.  Have you ever used TntDrive?  Would you consider trying the product in conjunction with FileUltimate?

Jason
Jason Vetter 12/1/2012 2:56 AM